The “MEDlab – Translation and textual analysis laboratory”, located on the ground floor of the DISTU, originates from the need to provide a state-of-the-art IT equipment to support the various research initiatives within the department’s project of excellence, “Migrazioni Europa Diritto”, and specifically to the three Academies (law, linguistics and art history) which constitute the three main fields of the project.
For this reason, the laboratory consists of a transversal and versatile hardware equipment, which includes four editorial stations, two graphic processing stations with high-performance All-in-One computers, a digitalisation spot completed by a flatbed scanner with OCR, a second station of digitization with two planetary scanners, a “mobile” set for high-level recording with a camera, microphone and recorder and, finally, an augmented-reality laboratory.
The installed software, which represents excellence in the respective fields, guarantees research and products of great accuracy in three main areas:
– interrogation and analysis of very large textual corpora, with the possibility of exporting the results of the research in different formats, thus offering the possibility of using them in projects of different scientific fields;
– translation of texts in all main European languages and in the most widespread languages of the planet, also in synergy with the previous area to facilitate possible research on a multilingual textual corpus;
– realisation of virtual exhibitions thanks to the tools for augmented reality available, in addition to the possibility of creating projects of advanced graphic and photographic processing.
- 5 Desktop Asus V241FFK-BA001R
- 2 Dell Optiplex 7760 R1X16 Desktop
- 1 Apple iMac Z0TP Desktop
- 1 Epson Printer / Scanner WF-5620DWF C11CD08301
- 1 Fujitsu ScanSnap SV600 planetary scanner
- 1 CZUR EZ 16 Plus planetary scanner
- 5 HP NB 250 G6 I5-7200 Laptops
- 1 Zoom H5 portable digital audio recorder
- 1 Marantz Professional MPM-2000 microphone
- 1 Panasonic HC-X1000E camera
List of currently available software: