Length of contract and % of full-time: Full-time, two years contract from as soon as possible. The contract can be further renewed several times up to a total of 5 years (including the first contract period).
Salary indication: Full-time, two years contract from as soon as possible. The contract can be further renewed several times up to a total of 5 years (including the first contract period).
Salary indication: The basic net monthly salary is approx. 3,260 euro. In addition to the salary, the Research Fellow may be entitled to receive various allowances, in particular: household allowance, expatriation allowance, dependent child allowance and education allowance. More information about conditions of employment is available here.
Director of project: Prof. Andrew Geddes
Title of project: Migration Policy Centre (MPC) – School of Transnational Governance (STG)
Job description: The Research Fellow will be responsible for coordinating the design and delivery of training on international migration offered by the MPC within the STG. The STG delivers teaching and highlevel training in the methods, knowledge, skills and practice of governance beyond the State. The School brings the worlds of academia and policy-making together in an effort to navigate a context, both inside and outside Europe, where policy-making increasingly transcends national borders. In 2020, a policyfocused Masters programme for graduates has been launched, to be followed in 2021 by an executive-level Masters for professionals. The Migration Policy Centre will coordinate training on international migration within the STG. The Research Fellow will:
- Co-ordinate the design and delivery of training on international migration provided by MPC within the STG.
- Working with STG staff, contribute to teaching and the delivery of high-quality training on international migration.
- Co-ordinate the preparation of material and resources to support training on international migration within the STG.
- Liaise with staff in the STG to support effective delivery of training on migration.
- Contribute through their own research and publications to the development of the MPC’s academic excellence and research agenda.
- Effectively disseminate findings from research to relevant academic and non-academic audiences.
Place of work: Florence, Italy
- A PhD in any social science discipline with a focus on migration studies.
- Experience in the successful design and delivery of training aimed at postgraduate and/or professional audiences;
- A research agenda that will contribute to the academic excellence of the Migration Policy Centre and support its overall development
- Publications in the field of migration studies;
- Strong academic and analytical profile, the ability to take initiatives, drive issues forward and an interest in developing training and research that helps to solve realworld problems; Strong academic potential and an interest in influencing policy at either European or national level;
- Thrive communicating ideas in a variety of settings, including through training and at academic conferences and in policy workshops.
- Experience of direct engagement with policy makers and stakeholders as well as public debates on migration
- Strong team working skills
Languages: Fluent English in writing and speaking is required, knowledge of other languages is a plus
Contact details : For more information contact: email@example.com
Deadline: The closing date for applications is 15 October 2020 at midnight (CEST).